Economy Boost - because even money sometimes needs steroids

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Economy Boost - because even money sometimes needs steroids

Post by LlmDl on Mon May 26, 2014 9:53 am

I think the disconnect I get out of this is that a dollar is the standard on the server. You say its cobble but its so worthless (and you can't buy unlimited amounts,,) that it isn't a standard.

Setting an emerald to a fixed amount doesn't have any effect on what a dollar is worth to a player, it just means that people can convert their money into a block and avoid all mugging penalties altogether. It would nullify all death-penalties, something that mayors can already do by putting their money into the town banks. This is why the town and nation banks have caps. Once those banks are full their cash on hand is vulnerable to being mugged again.

A dollar's worth is determined by how much money is in the economy and how much a player has access to at the moment. The less money that is sitting around being unused by the rich players, the more a dollar is worth. Money in a protected bank is not really in circulation.

Making the change to allow nation-bank mugging would put that money into circulation again when a player is killed.
LlmDl
Admin

Street Rep : 0

http://llamadeal.dyndns.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ryaner86 on Thu May 29, 2014 2:12 am

While I like the idea of having a gold/diamond/emerald standard, I think it over-complicates things. Cobble works great the way it is, for both newcomers and established players.

I also like the nation-bank 'mugging' and I think these will be the produced incentives:

for new or under-advanced players to not want to be in a rich nation as they will be repeatedly attacked,

for leaders to not want to have such players in their nation as they will lose money,

for nations to not want to be too rich and have too many active members, as they are easy targets for nation toppling.

I still think primary focus should be on retaining our newcomers and getting them up to an established level on server. This would naturally stimulate the economy. Newcomers that don't understand the economy and join nations may well get fed up being attacked so much and quit. I would proposed doing this by giving newcomers a simple choice; join Erisia, start their own 'settlement'; say a single or double plot in the wilds in a place of their choosing; this would have to be given free, or join a town that would have them. I think most would opt for having their own place in the wilds. They could then upgrade their settlement to a town for the set value of money. I think this would even encourage their friends to join where applicable. Finally this would result in a larger number of smaller towns, from which new nations can emerge.

Furthermore I would like to see wars back again, with an addition of lock-picking, all to be reset of course. But just imagine the sheer glee and excitement of raiding nevet's 'golord-hoard'!

ryaner86

Street Rep : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by scrumpulate on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:43 pm

So someone wanted to buy 12 stacks of Black Sheep wool from me for 10 dollars a stack, Wouldn't go higher than 15, so I disconnected. Fuck reverse inflation, and fuck people that contribute to it. How the hell does this person have shit so cheap in their shop?

Then has the gall to say that Money is scarce, and diamonds are cheap. I will not participate in economics on this server that don't bolster inflation, return value to services and goods, and allow me to not feel like I am getting fucked in the ass just because I want some more plots.

/rant
scrumpulate

Street Rep : -1

http://www.obamascrewups.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zakerius on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:07 am

Bring on the extra money from nation banks in PVP!

Also yeah, selling stuff is a pain, especially in a discussed trade. I say just set up your shop for 15 per stack of black wool (or however you want to split it) and let them spin if they have a problem.

I'm still going to make potion shops charging what I want despite your prices, if they get bought cool, if not then meh.

(Sorry for being a part of lowering the price of diamonds..)
Zakerius

Street Rep : 3

http://llamadeal.dyndns.org/minigames.html

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by LlmDl on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:29 pm

Today I implemented the nation-bank-mugging and the nation-bonus-blocks.

Website has the amounts of townblocks given for being in a nation.
LlmDl
Admin

Street Rep : 0

http://llamadeal.dyndns.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top